Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lamp to my feet by Elisita (aka Elisa Hunter)


During my unit for my art degree we were asked to apply 'the everyday' into an artwork. Including text, well this was right up my alley. The text would describe an everyday task of our lives. What could be more everyday than reading God's amazing word and more importantly living it! So the series on 'Lamp to my feet' came about. Borrowing from Andy Warhol's 'Diamond Dust Shoes' I got aquainted with my pastels and charcoal and explored collage. My everyday text described the everyday walk I have. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path... this has to be an everyday thing in order to know God's will and just to simply know HIM! Here is a cropped piece from a larger work. Warhol's everyday shoes play the metaphor for this walk symbolized by the shoes. This original work will be scanned along with the rest of the series and available for purchase as posters from zazzle.com. I have also digitally altered this series which is now available at my store marvel_lass. I really hope it encourages and reminds. My aim is to create practical ways for art to be meditative on God's word and testimonial to everyone via art. Here is the link to the series on 'Lamp to my feet'
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment